Friday, November 13, 2009

In response to Katie: Has a manager ever motivated you in a particular way that made you more motivated?

I work at Walgreens now and have for a few months now. I have talked to several of the managers and I find that many of them are rather young and do not have a degree in management. One of the managers is in his early twenties and does not have a college degree. However, being a manager he is making tons more money than most other people in his age group. This in itself motivates me to work harder because I would like to get noticed for being a proficient worker rather than a slacker. This way there is a bigger opportunity for me to someday be a manager before I even get a degree. I guess to an extent it is about the money that motivates me, but right now it is just the idea that hard work gets noticed and will pay off in the long run. Do you think that it is fair that people who don't work hard to get a degree become managers?

1 comment:

  1. A� The rectangular shape and the bolted studs, which accent the tank watches, came from the styling of the Army tanks, of that time.
    With the advent of the digital age, a lot of processes
    have been digitized. The bezels are inlaid with genuine 34 cut diamonds
    while subtle detailing works are accented on the heart-shaped Krysterna crystal located above the date indicator.


    my webpage :: diesel watches ()

    ReplyDelete